Addiction Treatment As An Outpatient
Individuals with a mild substance abuse problem who are serious about getting sober can benefit from an outpatient rehab facility. While in recovery, they are allowed the freedom to continue working and caring for the family.
For serious addiction to heavy substances like heroin or oxycodone, it is recommended that one takes the inpatient treatment option so that the detoxification and withdrawal effects are monitored.
A non-residential medical program is best suited for those people with a mild addiction problem that has not yet taken root.
Outpatient rehab is a better option for those who have the desire to quit substance abuse, but at the same time need a flexible routine that will work around their timings.
Knowledge Of Outpatient Rehab
The outpatient rehab routine gives drugs and alcohol treatment sessions that can be distributed throughout the week, at varying times.
The patients will be provided with medication and counselling and they will have scheduled appointments that they will have to keep but they will still be free to live at home and carry on with their other responsibilities.
Outpatient programs offer an array of services, come in a variety of formats and differing levels of intensity - but counselling, education and providing a network of support are generally the main focus.
Patients with a deep desire to make it in recovery and who have a dedicated, controlled approach may gain a lot from an outpatient program.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Outpatient Rehabilitation Options
There are diverse sorts of outpatient recovery in light of things like the substance abuse or the individual's severity of dependence and phase of recovery.
Outpatient rehabs can be divided into three sections
- Schemes For One Day
- Day programmes provide a greater degree of care compared to the other outpatient programmes.
- For several hours each day and 5 to 7 days a week, patients agree to meet their doctors in a 24-hour non-residential plan.
- Amid this time, patients will partake in continuous treatment; group counselling, biofeedback and other extra treatments such as arts or music therapy.
- Patients can go back home after the meetings, either to their homes or a sober living centre.
- Until the patients are done with their 24-hour rehab plan, it can be a major inconvenience on their work or social life, as it is a huge undertaking that requires a lot of dedication.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
- The use of milestones to show progress is one of the defining characteristics of IOPs.
- As these achievements are met, the time commitment expected per week lessens.
- For those patients that want to be able to live their social and work lives while being serious about recovering from their substance abuse problem, IOP is the best choice.
- To conduct counselling sessions, group therapy, relapse prevention education, and attendance in a 12-step or similar recovery support group the IOP may require multiple sessions for a few hours each week.
- Continuous Care
- Continuing care groups, for example Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous are continuous support assets to help an individual set their dedication to sobriety.
- Such support groups usually meet every week and are carried out under the care of a licensed therapist.
- Some ongoing care networks may be gender-sensitive or age-sensitive and other may centre around a specific area of recovery.
How Outpatient Treatment Programmes Are Beneficial
Outpatient rehab is usually recommended for mild to moderate addictions. These programs are more flexible and accessible than an inpatient program.
Please get in touch with us now if you or someone you love needs help determining what type of treatment program would be best for them on 0800 772 3971.
Outpatient rehab is considered for some big reasons which include
- What makes non-residential treatment less expensive is the fact that you don't have to pay for accommodation, since you can still stay at home.
- You can attend treatment around your schedule if you choose outpatient treatment.
- For those individuals who cannot take breaks from work or be away from family for a long time, they are the ones who benefit the most.
- Being with your family
- All through the outpatient recovery program, family inclusion and support is underscored, as friends and family can urge you to remain on the way to restraint.
Locating The Right Rehab Centre For You
It's not easy to decide which rehabilitation program will best serve the needs of a particular user. It's important to take the first step toward getting help whether it is an outpatient rehab program or an alternative form of treatment.