Knowledge Of Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
Holistic addiction therapies utilise the methods of non-medicinal recovery, which are used for complement treatment practices of the traditional variety. The objective of holistic recovery is to bring the mind, body and the spirit into an alignment.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
One can overcome an addiction and also get into proper health practices in the end when they are on the holistic treatment program.
Holistic methods can include
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual healing
- Routine exercise
- Good nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
In holistic therapy programs, addiction treatment methods that are not medical are applied based on an individual's needs. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. Holistic schemes are adaptable to the individual requirements.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Encouraging physical exercises
- Developing self-assurance
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Mid reflections to keeping the body in shape are some of the things involved in holistic therapy.
Some Holistic therapies include
- Therapy For Nutrition
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Embarking on a healthy diet helps the addicted patient start on the recovery journey.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- Exercising daily can assist in building a helpful routine which can relieve stress and strengthen the body.
- Sport training is an essential aspect of treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- As well, most centres provide tai-chi and yoga to practice meditation, which if effective to develop concentration and gain a clear mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- A massage is a great tool in helping one relax and relieve stress.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. Supervision by clinical personnel is still important when trying to deal with the withdrawal symptoms caused by giving up alcohol and other depressants.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Medically supervised/assisted detoxification
- Medical attention
- Personalised mental health counselling
Many addicts who are looking forward to recovering also to attend twelve-step groups like Narcotics Anonymous And Alcoholics Anonymous for the emotional support they need.
Locating A Holistic Therapy Facility For Dependency Treatment
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
We can help you to find a treatment centre that offers what you need so give us a call today on 0800 772 3971.