Knowledge Of Experimential Therapy
It is common to notice many recovering addicts feeling uncomfortable when working through the problems they are facing in a traditional therapy setting. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
Experimential therapies have a hands-on approach and utilise a number of engaging activities, which can help recovering addicts to process and cope with past trauma.
Conventional therapy settings may not be enough to get some recovering drug users to open up. It is the objective of experimential therapies to provide recovering addicts the environments in which they are comfortable and these could include the outdoors, an art studio or a music studio.
Experimential therapy makes use of non-traditional methods in the treatment to assist the addicts in working through their repressed feelings and emotions.
Usual exploratory treatments involve
- Rock climbing
- Ropes courses
- Music therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Adventure therapy
Exploratory treatment is made to aid individuals in recuperation to create a better self-worth through dealing concealed sentiments and previous agonies. Through experimential therapy, a recouping someone who is addicted can figure out how to confront these issues without swinging to drugs for an escape.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Addiction Using Experimential Therapy
Addicts may need real challenges to defeat their issues, and that is what activities like climbing give them through the use of their whole physical strength. Experimential therapy can instruct recouping addicts how to adapt to ordinary stressors like desires and substance mishandle triggers.
Experimential therapy has been proven as an effective method in treating a number of disorders that can co-occur with addiction. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Techniques And Treatment Used In Experimential Therapy
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
It may be easier for the therapist to evaluate the patient accurately during experimential therapy since they may be less guarded at this point.
Experimential therapy can help to treat mental health problems such as
- Anxiety attacks
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Other Cures And Experimential Treatment
The main objective of experimential therapy is correcting the negative conducts of the addict that make damage to him, and for that is regularly combined with other psychotherapy methods. The activities allow recovering addicts to apply the skills of life which they are taught during sessions of psychotherapy in practical and hands-on environments.
A proper medical detox is the first step at the moment of quitting any drug, to prevent the hard symptoms of this process. Treatment of withdrawal symptoms during detoxification can be handled in both residential and outpatient facilities. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
Experimential therapy is quite often used along with traditional techniques of rehab and helps to create a comprehensive treatment program for the recovering addicts.
Usual Methods Applied In Experimential Therapy Involve
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Uses therapeutic activities with horses to help the addicts.
- In these sessions, the patients walk, feed, harness and groom the horses.
- The various methods recuperating users connect with the horses may reveal awareness regarding their inner and psychological conditions.
- A patient may have suffered trauma that they are unaware of or unable to address or they may have negative emotions that they don't know how to process and equine-assisted therapy can help them to do this.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where patients envision a traumatic occasion while a specialist drives them through particular eye developments.
- EMDR was verified successful in aiding individuals in healing reduce unpleasant sentiments and sense of suffering that could end up in drug dependency.
- Adventure Therapy
- This treatment comprises of exercises in open areas like trekking, cycling, mountaineering, setting up camp, and rafting in wild waters.
- Adventure based therapy aids recuperating users create private accountability, analytical abilities, as well as knowledge in communicating whist functioning in a team environment.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- When getting involved in artful activities patients can work through negative emotions, which can be stressful and learn to process them healthily.
Acquire The Whole Treatment You Deserve
We can help you to find an addiction treatment program that will be just right for you. Some centres for drug rehab specialise in experimential therapies with obstacle courses, rock climbing walls and art studios within their premises. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 772 3971.