Receive Dependency Therapy
A number of therapy interventions are aimed at equipping addicts with relevant information on the origin of your addiction also provide counselling sessions geared towards suitable recovery program of choice. No one understands your drug or alcohol addiction, is a time tested truth the addicted knows. You should obtain medical assistance from specialized abuse advisers if you know you can't handle the situation yourself.
Please get in touch with us through our phone line 0800 772 3971 to get a deserving advisory opinion regarding your addiction problem.
If they come into the picture, overcoming the problem become easier as they are an integral part of the process that will help the addict break the habit.
Addiction counsellors can assist you during the therapy process and develop a personalized program for recovery and aftercare. If you live in the rehab centre, you will have access to a good number of programs that are designed to allow you overcome your addiction successfully.
Functions Of A Counsellor
Knowing what is responsible for your dependency on a drug allows you to begin developing situations which result in long-term sobriety with the help from a well-trained counsellor.
Inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend on individual and group counselling information to prescribe the right treatment.
Group treatments are best handled by addiction counsellors through engagement of patients family members and other addicts in participation.
Group sessions are venues where both the patient and the family or loved ones are educated about contributing factors to addiction. The patient can start making meaningful post-treatment programs once these dysfunctions are recognized.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- Managed one-on-one therapy sessions to get to the base of the addiction.
- Conduct regular drug tests.
- Specialised treatment plans formed from individual needs.
- Based on the care available to you a aftercare program will be created.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
Developing specialized programs that will meet the basic needs of each addict is his responsibility. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
The first counselling sessions are made to lay the foundation for reciprocal trust, which is necessary for a prosperous effect.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. Getting to the root of the problem is very important to the success of the program.
The counsellor identifies other underlying emotional or mental issues and treats them to avert complications. Effective counsellors give full commitment and support for the recovery of the patient.
Various Therapy Treatments Obtainable
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Relying on the therapy centre, these may contain
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- These therapies make use of real-time demonstration of brain function to observe the levels of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The psychologically disabled people and abusers can be treated using CTB since it centres on the brain, attitudes and relationship.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- DBT is used to take care of individuals with two-fold diagnosis and one of the fundamental goals is to assist patients in gaining determination and coping competences to deal with circumstances in healthy methods.
- Health problems like eating disorders and Borderline Personality Disorder can be eliminated using DBT, it also enhances interactions and personal outlook.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Understanding what causes addiction, coping with stressful situations, and the use of some methods to calm the body are what these healing programs are all about.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic Therapies
- Thorough treatment program enable patients to conduct self-examination by themselves thereby understanding how to adapt with their situation, regarding the traditional therapy measure.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
High quality treatment centres provide additional types of therapies which treat the whole problem, with the end result in guiding the patient into a lasting recovery.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
Building an assumption that you don't require any advice regarding your abuse problem, can be life threatening.
Actually, minority of people like the method of talking over and revealing long held agony and trauma, however, without doing the work fundamentally to divide the underlying problem that can be driving habit-forming manner, sobriety will probably be temporary.