Common Questions People Ask Concerning Treatment At Rehab Facilities
The most difficult preliminary stages in the road to recovery involve accepting that one is addicted and agreeing to pursue a rehab programme. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. Addicts could be assisted to achieve a lifestyle of joy, good health, and sobriety in the rehabs.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detoxification Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. The toxic effects of alcohol and drugs are expelled by the body during detox. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detox process, numerous behavioural therapeutic interventions are carried out in rehab. There are individual and or group therapeutic sessions for addicts, aimed at helping them understand and solve the major reasons why they are addicted. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Aftercare As an individual proceeds with the recovery, and approaches the end of a rehabilitation treatment programme, the employees will work together with the individual to devise a suitable plan for aftercare. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
There is no set duration that applies to every individual with regards to rehab. The 30-day program is the most prevalent for many rehab homes. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. The treating therapist considers a lot of things before recommending the amount of time a patient might need, these include; length and seriousness of the addiction, what drug or drugs one is abusing, if there are any complications in medical, mental, or behaviour arising from the usage of the drugs, and what the patient's needs are as concerns their physiological, psychological, sentimentally, relationships, way of life and religious.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. Longer programs allow the patient to focus on the underlying issues of the addiction and more time to develop coping skills to live a sober life.
Does Rehabilitation Cure Dependency?
While there is no real cure for addiction, it can be managed effectively. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
Long haul recuperation, moreover, may include progressing treatment in individual and additionally group form, together with attendance at 12-stage or support group gatherings. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. Such extra activities may be in the form of meditation, yoga, exercise, or art and many others.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. As a matter of fact, according to research continuous participation in an aftercare programme is linked with fewer relapses.
What Happens If I Relapse?
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
In some cases, the patients will only record success in their healing journey after they must have stayed in rehab for up to two different occasions. While rehab can help you learn how to cope and build the necessary skills to stay sober, you are the only person who can manage your addiction.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. There are high end, luxury programs that charge extra for special services and amenities and possible increase staff to patient ratios.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. The outpatient programmes also differ in what they offer; there are some that have very high-class amenities, very involved programmes and organised group or individual therapy sessions including free support group meetings at their premises.
A few elements can influence the cost of recovery, including
- Facilities offered - These can cover several factors that help the process of recovery, like private accommodation, gourmet food, animal-assisted therapy, massages, yoga and acupuncture.
- Length of program - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Area - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. If the facility is far from home, travel expenses will also need to be considered.
- Kind of programme - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- The substance's cost
- Loss of efficiency at work
- Legal fines and fees
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Poor health, overall sadness and damaged relationships are some other "costs" that is associated with addiction
Is Insurance Accepted?
Yes, in most places, insurance is accepted as a means of payment for rehab treatment. Though, whether insurance will be welcomed will differ according to the specific centre. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
Where insurance will not cover the total cost, you can negotiate alternative payment plan options. There are many options that the programme may be prepared to accept a sliding scale payment or one that makes the charges more comfortable to pay.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. Responsibilities at home and work may not allow for one to attend an away rehab programme, so a local one will take care of the headache of making everything work out.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. The patients are also able to concentrate on getting well as they are free from distractions.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Those with long-standing or extreme addictions, dependences to different substances or with prevailing medical and psychological health conditions frequently look for an inpatient recovery centre for treatment. People that have been to (either inpatient or outpatient) rehabs before, but are now suffering relapse, may also find this very useful
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
Outpatient projects can change. Some include throughout the day sessions, while others may just treat patients for 60 minutes or two a day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. Since a patient can leave, he/she doesn't have to pay for 24/7 care. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
Call us today at 0800 772 3971 to talk about your choices and learn more about the differences between these treatment structures. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
You may think you are in danger of losing your job if you go to rehab, the risk is higher if you do not and mess at work. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
To use a substance whilst on the job is a legal reason for dismissal, though there are various federal regulations guarding your right to get treatment. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. These include
- Employee Assistance Programs An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks Addiction forms part of this category, therefore you could benefit by understanding what your business provides.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehab Centres If you have substantial work requests and need to keep up a dynamic contribution at your place of business, executive recovery facilities may encourage keeping up a nearness or continuous association at work while experiencing private treatment in a lavish, 24-hour care site.
- Outpatient Programs Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. They're usually in secluded areas with maximum privacy. Luxury centres commonly offer more holistic treatments, gourmet meals, and innovative therapies.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How To Locate An Addiction Rehab Programme
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 772 3971 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.