The Cost Of Rehabilitation Explained
The price of drug and alcohol rehabilitation is based on the requirements of the addict. Regardless of how much money you earn, there is always a form of treatment that you can afford.
The price of addiction treatment changes from rehab to rehab. There are those that charge very high amounts per day while there are those that offer free services. Whatever you can afford, there will be rehab suitable to your addiction.
Rehabilitation is available to everyone if they are aware of what resources can assist them pay for medical care. Information on how to gain payment for treatment is available now.
Financial help like insurance and financial choices are offered by rehabs.
Many people pay for the cost of drug treatment with the help of insurance. The quantity that an insurance covers is relied on the insurer and what the health provider accepts.
Some available insurance companies will pay for addiction treatment such as
- State-financed health insurance
- Private insurance
- Military insurance
Even though not everybody has insurance, there are still methods to enter addiction treatment. Looking for a no-cost or low-income rehabilitation centre can be one method to get help. Or a centre that offers rehab payment plans based on your ability to pay. Free rehab centres provide financing options because they have partial funding and more waiting lists.
People without insurance can usually get financing options at most residential rehabilitation facilities.
If you think that taking on debt or credit is going to be stressful, think of it as an investment. The price of your health is worth it. You can get your life and career back by investing in successful treatment. By not spending money to fund your addiction, you may be able to save more money than before.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Addiction Treatments And The Costs
The treatment plans your rehab centre offers you will determine how much you will need to spend to recover.
Depending on your addiction you will be offered different types of treatment that are most suitable to you and the addiction.
The kind of care offered and the amenities present at the facility have an effect on the cost.
Give us a call on 0800 772 3971 today.
Some studies have produced the following estimated treatment costs
- In total, outpatient detoxification varies between £800 - £1200.
- The cost of the program often includes detox in the price.
- The specific cost of detoxification is based on if it makes part of an inpatient program and the kind of opiate addiction is being prescribed.
- The symptoms of dangerous detox needs more cautious observation which makes the price higher.
- Inpatient Rehab
- Treatment centres are charging around £4800 for a month.
- Other more popular rehab facilities may charge £16,120 a month.
- The average cost of a 60 - 90 day rehab is £9700 - £48,300.
- Outpatient Rehab
- Outpatient treatment centres are often the choice for those looking for rehab from drugs that are considered mild to moderate.
- For three month program, it charges £4,000.
- Hazelden Betty Ford is the type of outpatient treatment program which cost £8000.
- The cost will be set by the amount of visits to the treatment centre each week.
- The price of treatment will also vary depending on the kind of medication being provided.
- Depending on the addiction, medication may not be necessary to someone.
- Liquor and sedative addictions need medicines.
- If medication is required it can cost thousands of pounds a year.
- For the Heroin addicts, the cost of Methadone treatment is £4000 which is a one year program.
The Price Of Being A Addict
As much as treatment may seem expensive, it is nowhere near close to cost of using drugs regularly. If employed, drug and alcohol addicts tend to abscond from work more times than those not addicted, and this absence equals loss of income for themselves and their employers.
When you total costs drugs, lawyers, health problems and loss of income a life of addiction becomes very costly indeed.
The Heroin users spend a huge number of pounds on their obsession.
An alcoholic user spends his £8500 on 12-packs in a day. However this price tag doesn't involve legal problems, which can cost more thousands of pounds. It is more difficult to estimate how much you would spend on an illegal drug addiction as the cost can fluctuate and would be much more expensive.
The financial problems caused by dependency is only the beginning of troubles. The havoc caused on family and friends relationships, and the destruction of life are also part of the equation.
What Will Determine The Cost Of Treatment
When coming up with the expense of treatment, many things have to be taken into account. The factors that most stand out include
- Type Of Facility
- There is a enormous difference between the inpatient and outpatient programs price.
- The higher cost of inpatient programs will be due to the costs of housing and concentrated treatment.
- The total cost is also influenced by the location of the centre and the time required for the individual to recover.
- Areas where cost of living is higher, the treatment centre is more expensive.
- Available Treatment
- At the beginning of rehab, most of the addicts don't need a medical detox.
- There is no specialized detoxification other than being monitored when it comes to cocaine addicts since they don't normally experience serious withdrawals once they quit the drug.
- However, those fighting alcohol and Heroin addictions go through some very tough withdrawal symptoms during the detox that most will require help with some medicines to pull through.
- More treatment will require more money.
- Other type of treatments, such as specialized counselling, also changes the price tag of rehabilitation.
- The kind of facilities and services you enjoy at a rehab centre are figured at the price you pay to enjoy them.
- Massages, acupuncture, swimming pools, tennis courts, huge individual rooms or award-winning chefs, these are all the services provided by the rehab centres.
- Luxury rehabilitation visited by rich and well-known people are high-priced due to its amenities.
- Rehab at a luxury centre will cost a lot more.
- The more a centre has to offer in facility and services, the higher their charges but not all are beyond reach.
Non Profit And State Funded Rehabilitation
Many people meet necessity for low-income rehabilitation, which are normally unprofitable institutions. Low income rehab centres are either free or at a low reduced cost. Despite of income, these treatments are for all the people in need.
Free rehab is available from the Salvation Army. The government also funds some rehab treatment centres for those who cannot afford.
How To Start
Once you've made the choice to get assistance for your issue, the following stage is looking for a rehabilitation that is ideal for you. Don't let the price prevent you from doing it. If you need to find a treatment centre that offers affordable financing options or accepts insurance, we can help you to find one.