NHS Or Private Facility?
The preferred rehab treatment option for many people is private residential rehab. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. You can get the assess in the private rehab treatment centre, on off the chances that you have enough resources to pay their private charges or you have private medical insurance. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
Who Can Apply With The NHS For Treatment Funding?
UK residents can choose addiction rehab treatment by NHS at group based recovery or private recovery, which is free at the purpose of conveyance. You may need to demonstrate that you have investigated local community based treatment choices, first you must qualify to meet all requirements for NHS financing at a private recovery facility. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
You can be referred to your nearest drug and alcohol action team by your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
Private rehabilitation facilities
- Flexible plan of treatment;
- Admission Criteria in just 24 hours
- All treatment is done on one place daily routine and care are in cohesion;
- We provide the same staff and specialist throughout our treatment session to our patients.
- Rehabilitation is in controlled environment free from influence of fears to allow the patient focus on recovery process.
- The helpful group gives solid bonds advisors and different patients that guide recovery;
- Family can visit at certain times, there are possibilities to make phone calls or receive letters, we can sometimes provide visiting accommodation;
- Additional therapies are often provided like gym and fitness, art therapy, horse riding etc.;
- Programme of aftercare;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- Not always protected by health insurance.
- Free of charge;
- Accessible to everyone;
- It's local and therefore closer to your family and home;
- Admission process takes a while;
- Might not be referred to residential treatment;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- Recovery may be affected by access to drug and alcohol and by life distraction.
- You get more limited access to personal therapist;
- During the rehab, patients might have different doctors/personnel;
- In order to build an outpatient support network it may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Alternative Of NHS Cross Border Treatment
It takes months to organise the admission to private rehab centre via the NHS or local addiction centre in UK even the result is uncertain. However, with the EU cross border healthcare regulation, it is possible to get funding in a lot faster.
For UK based patients all information about that option can be found on the Drug Rehab West Yorkshire site.